Saturday, March 27, 2021

BOOK REVIEW- Big Man on Campus: an Enemies to Lovers College Romance (Big Men on Campus Book 1) by Stephanie Queen *

   

 Big Man on Campus is a sizzling college sports romance. This full length standalone novel is the first in the Big Men On Campus series. If you love stories where enemies become lovers and bad boys are redeemed, then you'll enjoy this one! (Contains sex and language for a mature audience.)

 Jack

They say I'm a troubled kid, labeled a bad-boy jock for my rebel attitude.
You'd think at St. Paul University that label would put me at the top of the watch list for expulsion, or at least be a death sentence to my social life.
But no.
In truth, I should be a pariah, but I'm not.
I'm the BMOC because I'm the starting quarterback of the prized football team. After last season's bowl game victory, I could be Voldemort and I'd still get the champagne treatment.
But who cares? Because the one girl on this campus I want doesn't give a sh*t about football. She thinks bad boys are, well, bad.
Worst of all, she's my nemesis from back home.
It's messed up that I'm stuck on Joni, because she's the biggest threat to my goal of winning the Heisman Trophy. It kills me that she's also a hot tamale as my grandpa would say. If he were still alive.
Losing grandpa started my trouble.
Being with Joni could ruin me. Or it could save me. 

All I need to do is convince her she's not my enemy... AMAZON LINK
   4 STARS
 
I normally don't  read a lot of stories about football or enjoy reading about bullies either.  And this bad boy sure starts out that way at least. But since I've read other books by this author and liked them, I kept reading. And wow, it was full of surprises.  It was emotional with good main characters, who were driven each in their own way.  Jack at times was his own worst enemy but he also had plenty of others who fell into the enemy category.  We also get to see people who are pulling for him, which it takes him awhile to recognize.  One of those who is pulling for him is the girl he bullied, Joni.  Although she is also a bit scared of him at times too. She avoids him at first but when she spends more time with him, she's hoping that she's seeing the truth.  That there is more that is good in Jack than what most people think.
 Even the secondary people were interesting.  They had depth. It was emotional story that you could almost feel.  
It didn't grab me right away but as I kept reading it finally had me wanting to know how everything was going to go for everyone. 
You'll have to read the story to understand all the pressures that people are going through.  I think it's worth it.
 
 
 
I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment