Saturday, March 20, 2021

BOOK REVIEW- The Anti-Cinderella (The Anti-Cinderella Chronicles Book 1) by Tawdra Kandle

   

How many girls can say their first kiss was with a prince in the British royal family?

I was fourteen and he was sixteen, and yes, it was magical. But that kiss didn't exactly change my life. To tell you the truth, I didn't even think about it-or Nicky Windsor-for the next ten years . . . until fate, in the guise of my grandparents, brought us back together again.

Now everything has spun out of control. I'm ducking reporters and photographers when I try to leave home. My friends act as if I'm someone they don't know anymore. The whole world seems to be watching me, wanting to see some kind of modern Cinderella story.

But trust me, I'm no man's princess. I'm more comfortable in tennis shoes than in a tiara, more likely to rock a bucket than a ball gown, and more liable to fall on my face than to pull off a graceful wave.

The only thing that keeps me from running away and hiding is Nicky. He's all I've ever wanted in a man: hot, hunky and head-over-heels in love with me. I think I feel the same way. I think I want to be with him forever.

But the idea of life with the royal family terrifies me. Even if I have found my one and only, can I handle what comes after our happy ending? AMAZON LINK

4 Stars

This was a charming story with a strong woman front and center in the story.  I liked Kyra and her sometimes quirky ways.  And she was not only smart but funny as all get out. So were the conversations between her and her BFF Shelby.  Nicky also had his moments of humor with her too. It also shows on the times under the harsh light and pressure from the media and being hounded by the press wears on her confidence. We get to see a lot of what goes on him her head but we have to go by what Nicky says to get a handle on him. 

I wasn't as enthralled with all the information about her work with plants,farming, it's methods and not wasting food.  I get that it turns out to be just one more thing that Nicky and Kyra had interest in. 

The story does slow down quite a bit for a while with a lot of introspection on Kyra's part.  Things do get hot between her and Nicky.  But they do end up with a happily ever after for now. 

 Looks like there is another book in the adventure,  "The Anti-Cinderella Takes London (The Anti-Cinderella Chronicles Book 2) While I liked this book well enough, I wasn't crazy about it.  Not sure I am going any further into the rest of the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment