Tuesday, January 29, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Dirty Hitman by Vivan Connelly



Jackie


Fourteen months of working the graveyard shift at County General - yep.

Divorced by a cheating husband because he said I'm too boring? Yeah, got that too...

And now I have to take care of the guy in room 210? The one the cops originally thought was just a corpse?

Oh great, just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse...


Micky

Double crossed by a cocktail waitress at sunrise - check.

The second toughest killer in the family wants me dead - check.

Three attempts on my life in the last 24 hours - check, check and check.

But then they screwed with that nurse, that sweet angel of mercy with the dimples, the one who was only trying to help me out.

And they took things just a little too far...  AMAZON    4 STARS


*** Dirty Hitman is a contemporary romance with subtle humor and heavy steam. Standalone with no cliffhangers, no cheating, and a happily ever after you can hang your pistol on. Psst - some people may have been killed when writing this book, but they were all bad guys, and they were just asking for it... ***

 

Okay, we all know since this story is about a hit-man there will be "language" - check.  There will be a fair amount of sex- check.  But I was pleasantly surprised that it had a pretty good story too- check.

Micky ended up being unlike any hit-man that I had ever read about before.  I couldn't help but like him and end up rooting for him.  Jackie had strengths that she didn't even know she had.  Liked her too.  

There was plenty of running for your life action.  Good romance while running for their lives.  The humor and steam was also provided as promised.   

I was beginning to think that one of the people that Micky trusted just might not be all that trustworthy.  And even when that suspicion proved right there still were a few surprises towards the end.

 I enjoyed the book and kept interested in it as it zoomed along.  The ending of the book also satisfied me as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment