Wednesday, November 22, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- STATE OF GRACE by Elizabeth Davies

State of Grace (Resurrection Book 1) by [Davies, Elizabeth]
Grace has a terminal brain tumour and will die in the next few months. Roman has an addiction to blood, and could possibly live forever.
Grace is twenty-seven years old. When they meet in the twelfth century Roman is several hundred years old.
And Grace has another problem - she's from his future and neither of them believe it.
This is the first novel in the Resurrection series.   AMAZON  3.5 STARS

The book description got my attention right away.  I thought what a great idea for a story.  I have to say though that I have mixed feelings about the book. Even though it did keep me interested and had plenty of action in it.  There are parts of the book  that I liked better than others. 
Grace and Roman were both good characters but we end up knowing more about Grace in this story.  And she wasn't hard to be drawn to either.  The very first page of the book does hit you right between the eyes.  I need to mention that this is definitely an adult story because of some of the violence and sex.  
I want to say this without giving too much away.  It was quite the interesting twist in Grace's physical appearance when she shows up in the past.  So far the why of it is unexplained.  There is also other unexplained things going on because this is only Book 1 in the series.  A fact I must have missed.  
Towards the end, the book felt like it began to drag a bit and then it ended..for now.  
On a side note, I thought the eBook cover was attractive.  It caught the eye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment