Monday, November 6, 2023

+BOUGHT- BOOK REVIEW- The Names of God by Marilyn Hickey

   

Each of God's names reveals a wonderful aspect about His nature that can meet your deepest needs, comfort you in times of personal tragedy, and release you to new heights of praise in times of joy. God is so vast that the heavens cannot contain likewise, His personality is so complex that one name cannot adequately describe Him. Throughout the Old Testament, God revealed Himself to His people through His various names. Marilyn's practical teaching on 19 different names of God will whet your appetite to pursue fully God's love and purpsoe for your life.

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK 

5+ STARS

Finally, it was time. I had to go through my paper-book stash and start sorting them out.  I had already given quite a few to our local friends of the library collection.  Not only to help them raise money for the library but to also let others enjoy the books too.  I had this book in my hands and I remembered how excellent it was.  Of course, I had to open it up and take a look again. So.  That's how it happens that the Library won't be getting this one. Sorry, there will be other ones for you.  It's just too rich with content and I'm discovering answers to some questions and am revisiting other goodies.  Many of the Names of God I knew but Marilyn went even deeper with them. She really did her research adding names that I wasn't familiar with.  A woman of scripture all the way too. 

This one is now in my Keeper File for sure.  

 

 

 

Page 140- JEHOVAH ROPHE – Marilyn asked God what was the Balm of Gilead ? He answered in her spirit to look up GILEAD- it means “Praise”. What happens when you praise? You bring JEHOVAH ROPHE on the scene. You bring in healing.


No comments:

Post a Comment