Wednesday, November 22, 2023

READ FREE WITH HOOPLA-BOOK REVIEW- Switch On Your Brain Every Day by Dr. Caroline Leaf

   

365 Devotions for Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health

According to researchers, the vast majority--a whopping 75-98 percent--of the illnesses that plague us today are a direct result of our thought life. What we think about truly affects us both physically and emotionally. In fact, fear alone triggers more than 1,400 known physical and chemical responses in our bodies, activating more than thirty different hormones! Today our culture is undergoing an epidemic of toxic thoughts that, left unchecked, create ideal conditions for illnesses. In Switch On Your Brain, Dr. Caroline Leaf gave readers a prescription for better health and wholeness through correct thinking patterns. Now she helps readers live out their happier, healthier, more enjoyable lives every day with this devotional companion to her bestselling book. Readers will find here encouragement and strategies to reap the benefits of a detoxed thought life--every day

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS

Not sure that I'm going to make it all the way through the book because of my book loan.  I didn't realize it was a 365 days devotion.  I guess I didn't read the information as closely as I should have.  I really wasn't looking forward to a devotional but I'm glad that I did get it to read. And no, I didn't make it all the way through but what I read was really good.

The brainy tip for Day 8 was enlightening.  Proverbs 15:13 about a glad heart makes a cheerful countenance.  The tip was about a real, deep meaningful smile called the Duchenne smile.  Learned something there because I never heard of it before.  Day tip 9 also got my attention with the scripture and the tip to: laughter and play are incredibly healthy; no matter how old you are. 

Tip Day 10: Your brain and body respond to your mind.  Now that is something that I am finding that is more truth that I've discovered for myself over the last year or so. Okay that is enough, I was only give you a taste.

I read or buy very few devotionals because for me I find most just don't minister to me in a deep enough way.  There are a few and I think this one has so many great nuggets that I just might HAVE to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment