Tuesday, April 11, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- Protecting Lucy by Hunter Rose

   

Older. Dominant. And brutally handsome.

Jackson is so much better than he was years ago.

As my older brother’s best friend, he turned me down

And, I vowed to never feel anything for him after that. But now he’s thrust back into my life…

I won’t let my old feelings for him resurface.

My resolve weakens when someone starts stalking me, and Jackson makes it his mission to protect me.

And when things get more and more dangerous, I find myself falling for Jackson even harder.

Will I be able to survive the danger looming and my feeling for Jackson?  GOODREADS LINK

 
I understood  that the beginning of the book with Lucy being 16 years old made sense.  She really did have quite the crush on Jackson that made sense.  Her brother Dean's best friend was hot.  So that part was of course a bit juvenile because of the ages.  But for me at least, it seemed like the interactions and even their biting conversations continued to be juvenile.  I just couldn't connect with their story.  Turns out this wasn't my cup of tea.
I will give it points for having plenty of emotions, and angst.  Even Trina and Dean added some background interest.  However, how dumb Lucy seemed to be to me with her "hiding" the dangers stalking her for so long.  She's old enough now in the story to be more adult about things.  I get that she was tired of being caught up in yet another mistake.  But it had me shaking my head and another miss when it came to connecting. 
Sorry author, I'd take a look at some of  your other books but this was a miss for me. 
 
I got this free through Bookfunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment