Sunday, April 30, 2023

Book Review- Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger

   

King (noun):
1) Having the highest rank in a dominance hierarchy
2) The most powerful man in a group
3) Liam Black


He was a stranger to me, a dark and dangerous presence who materialized from the shadows one rainy night to save me from a vicious attack. I didn’t know his name or where he was from. All I knew was that the only place I’d ever felt safe was in his arms.

But safety is an illusion.
And not every savior is a hero.
And—as I’d soon find out—having a king save your life comes with a price.

Liam Black wanted something from me in return.

AMAZON LINK 

4.5  STARS

A surprising story is what this was.  And True?  What a funny mix of gentle, smart and at times fearless is what she is.  Her conversations with "wolfie"are so often hilarious.  She called him that because for the longest time, she didn't know his name was Liam.  Later she saw how his name Liam Black stuck fear into the hearts of men.
Liam is FULL of mysteries.  As much as he was fighting it his attraction to Tru is off the charts.  It even scares him how obsessive he feels for her.  Heck for a whole year he sat in her booth in the cafe and just devoured her with his eyes.  He called her "Queen Bee" at some point.
I liked how the more time they spent together the easier it was to really "see" each other and get where the other was coming from and thinking.  Well Tru didn't know ALL of what Liam was thinking.  I liked that it had both of their P.O.V.'s but it was different in that for many chapters in the beginning we only hear Tru's.  Much later we get a few from Liam then back to Tru for a while.  It was an interesting way to do it.
Okay to be fair knowing that this was a dark romance to expect some sex scenes but this was mega scenes. Good thing that the story itself was really good.  I liked how it ended and ended with a good Epilogue following.

 I  borrowed this book for free with my Prime Reading membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment