Saturday, October 8, 2022

*** Book Review- Hard Target (Axel Blaze Thriller #3) by Bill Runner

 

 General Fiction (Adult) | Mystery & Thrillers 

Description

DON'T GO HUNTING A DEADLY PREY.

When Blaze stops at an isolated gas station in the forests of Kentucky's Appalachians, he stumbles on to something sinister. Dangerous men with deadly intentions are stalking a strange group – two cops, a fugitive, and a lawyer. An ambush is underway; an execution is about to go down. Blaze isn’t one to look the other way. But before he knows it, he has a pack of mercenaries after him. From the Appalachians to the heart of Washington, D.C., it becomes a relentless game of cat and mouse. But what the hunters don't realize is, they’ve taken on more than they can handle. When it comes to deadly sport, Blaze is a master of the game. He’s no easy prey.

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS

What a story this was!! Kept me on the edge of my seat.  I never knew it what was going to happen next.  I just knew it was going to be really BAD for the bad guys!  They definitely suffer violent injuries as they try to intimidate and harm Blaze and those around him.  He isn't out to just randomly hurt people but he's definitely skilled if he has to. For some, the detailed violence might be a bit too much.  But he really is a protector of the innocent as is shown time and again. He even gives the people in his way, a choice which unfortunately few take him up on.  They constantly underestimate him to their hurt. 

When Blaze finds out what the deadly mercenary group is trying to protect, he is all out to put a stop to it.  I really enjoyed not only Blaze as person but also the people that come along side him to help.  A good crew, some with him all the way and some pop in to help for a shorter period of time. It really made things all the more interesting.

I liked how everything ended and have to say that I'm glad I was able to grab this story.  Especially since, I had read one other story about Blaze and I was glad that this story didn't disappoint me either!

 

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 

(Through Netgalley) 

No comments:

Post a Comment