Friday, April 1, 2022

Book Review- Just One More Chance (Cottonwood Falls Book 1) by Oona Ryda (& Candace Ayers)

 

 A bad boy, a good girl, a hot night…
A false identity, an unexpected pregnancy, a fake engagement…

The night Chance hit on me in a Wichita bar, he rocked my world.
Of course he didn’t know it was me at the time—
Little Andrea Farrow all grown up.
Hey, no shade, please.
I’ve crushed on Chance Moore since I was five years old.
Like I’d really say no.

I’ll tell him about those two pink lines on the pregnancy test.
Eventually.

But just when I think things can’t get any worse,
Chance, my white-knight-wannabe,
opens his big mouth to my jerk of an ex.
And now we’re fake engaged!

 AMAZON LINK

What a fun story this turned out to be.  I absolutely adored Andrea (Andy.) and the authors knocked it out of the park for me with some of the ways that they wrote her .  More than once I was amused with some of the funny conversations and thoughts that she had.  Let's face it, I smiled through a lot of it. I might have even giggled a few times.  She was unique and so precious although only a few people saw her that way.

Oh yes to the way that Chance and Andy re-connect.  And boy, did they.  Reconnect that is.  There is plenty of steamy scenes between the two.  But Chance never saw her coming and it doesn't take long for her to get under his skin.  And that was before he even knew her real name. He is still a good guy though and I liked how they shared their past history when Andy was his best friend's little sis. 

And that jerk ex, Edward was beyond a colossal pain.  He just never lets up.  But it also means you just don't know what he's going to do when he unexpectedly shows up.  Time and time again.

Although this story had plenty of humor it also had plenty of other emotions too.  It also had a good group of family on Andy's side.  

I liked how the story ended.  An ending that included a good Epilogue that left a smile on my face.

  "I voluntarily read a copy  of this book and these are my honest thoughts about it. "

No comments:

Post a Comment