Thursday, April 14, 2022

** Book Review- Her Marine Next Door by Aliyah Burke

   

Romance
 

Description

My next door neighbor Parker Jax is not my type. He’s covered in tats, rides a motorcycle, and his parties keep me up all night. The fact he’s sexy as sin doesn’t change the fact we are oil and water.

I’m a quiet artist. He’s a rowdy marine. I’ve got a broken heart. I’m convinced he doesn’t have a heart at all.

Thankfully, my bad-boy neighbor is on leave from the Marines for only thirty days. But then the jerk has to go and show me that he has a soft side beneath all those hard muscles. He actually leaves his own party to help me, and he didn’t even have to.

Fantastic. Now I owe him.

I’m not worried, though. What are the chances he’ll need me to do anything before the month is up?

But when a woman shows up with a kid at her side, knocking on Parker’s door, it turns out those chances are pretty good...

 AMAZON LINK

4 STARS

 Interesting opening to this story.  Skylar is highly irritated with Parker but she also knows it's not all about his partying way.  Because almost against her wishes she finds him really hot.  Parker likes teasing her because yes, he knows she's watching him.   And he knows he likes what he sees too.  

Cullen is that little boy who shows up at Parker's door.  And what a great kid he was shown to be.  Especially with all the hurts he has been hiding. And in the beginning he is one starved, frightened kid.   Starving for more than just food but love too.

This story was full of emotions and heat too. It also has a man (Parker) who may be a tough, effective special Marines guy but he also can be so stupid relationship wise.  And goes about proving it as he messes things up, repeatedly.  And his parents are really not very helpful.  In fact his mother is so rude, I wanted to slap her into next week.  More than once, and I felt like saying, "Get a clue woman and back off." 

I liked how the story ended with everyone getting their "stuff' together.  And hey, it had a good Epilogue which I always like to see.  

 

 " I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book through Netgalley. And these are my honest opinions about it.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment