Tuesday, November 9, 2021

*Book Review- Raven (Georgina Garrett Series Book 5) by Sam Michaels

   

 General Fiction (Adult), Historical Fiction, Mystery & Thrillers
 

She's out of retirement – and out for revenge

When Georgina Garrett wakes in the night to find intruders in her house, she knows she must do everything she can to keep her children safe.

But just when she thinks the ordeal is over, she realises something is terribly wrong. She arrives at her crime-lord husband David Maynard's London house to find a bloodbath. Six of David's best men lie dead and he is nowhere to be found.

Georgina may have walked away from the game but she's still the best player on the street. Now, she will stop at nothing to get her husband back and to make whoever took him pay for ever daring to set foot in her town.   AMAZON LINK

3 STARS

 

While it was well written with depth it was not to my taste.  

Georgina was quite the intense, interesting main character and she had a loyal crew.  I will give the author credit for that.  There was a lot of action but it was also way darker than I expected.  It was filled with gory details, which I don't enjoy. The people were interesting but the violence was a bit too much for me.

I also have to say I didn't like the way the story ended although it was a unexpected twist.  There is also another one when it comes to Georgina's close friend (and sometimes sidekick)  Charlotte and her dangerous nephew, Edward.  That one came out of left field and I didn't see it coming.  It might even lead to more of a story but I think it's one I would pass on.  

   I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy from Netgalley and these are my own thoughts concerning it.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment