Friday, November 12, 2021

*** Book Review- Night's Bliss (The Ancients Book 3) by Mary Hughes

   

Romance

I could never trust a vampire. Ever. It wasn’t enough that vampires killed my parents and left me for dead. Nope, they also left me with this searing fear of every one of their kind. But when someone I care about grows sick from poison, I have no choice but to infiltrate a Romanian castle filled with pissy, evil vampires in search of the antidote.

And my only saving grace is that for some reason, I can do things other humans can’t.

Unfortunately, I also seem to be the perfect bait for the Vampire King, Kai Elias. More than seven feet of dark, wicked charisma, ancient eyes, and a body that holds more power and raw, animal sexuality than I can resist. But there’s something about Elias that looks painfully, terrifyingly familiar.

Now I am in over my head and my heart. And my only choice is to trust this dark, charismatic creature…or die.  AMAZON LINK

5+ STARS

Breathtaking!! There is a major surprise right off the bat in the first few chapters.  I liked that there was a twist that I wasn't expecting. 

When I looked down at my kindle at 30% read there had already been a lot going on.  And it was super intense.   It also had times there was some tenderness was shown especially on Elias's part.  I really enjoyed that and the emotions of both M.C.'s was really well done.  Those emotions just kept drawing me in. 

Yes, there is some violence because we're talking about bad vampires and those trying to overthrow their evil.  The biggest bad guy is also stunningly clever.  Like Elias says at one point, The Shadow  Lord Umbra has backup plan after backup plan; wheels inside of wheels.  The story does show that cunning. 

The action is almost non-stop and the people who join the story are great !  The story is also incredibly unpredictable which I loved.  Almost as much as I loved the ending.  Whew, what a story !

 

  "I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book through Netgalley.  And these are my honest opinions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment