Tuesday, January 16, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- RELUCTANTLY ROYAL by Gillian Archer

Reluctantly Royal: An HRH Novel by [Archer, Gillian]
A bad-boy prince is tamed by a vivacious American beauty in this charming love story.

Officially, the world knows me as His Royal Highness Prince Lucien of Monaco, but you can call me Luc. A long time ago, I vowed never to let my heritage stand in the way of a good time. Now the party’s over.

With the death of my father and my twin brother, I’ve lost a part of my soul—and my freedom. My heartless older brother tells me that not only do I have to settle down, I need to marry a girl with the right bloodlines. AKA, a princess. Yeah, I’ll get right on that . . . after one last trip to Vegas.

That’s where I meet Hannah. Not only is she gorgeous and down-to-earth, she reminds me what it’s like to live completely in the moment. Plus she has no idea who I really am. Hanging out with the locals, I feel like I can just be myself again. Besides, our chemistry is undeniable—especially after we take things to the next level.

What happens in Vegas is special, and I don’t want it to stay there. But I’ve been keeping a secret that will tear us apart. The last thing I expect, though? Hannah’s been keeping a secret of her own . . . one that might just bring us together.   AMAZON  3.5 STARS

I wanted to like this story more than I did.  It was a case of Too Much Too Soon.  There was a lot of sexual tension and attraction which I get.  But some of the flirting and visiting questionable places early in their "dating" was kind of strong.  I know they only had a short time but I can see why his bodyguard was somewhat disapproving.  
The emotional elements to the story were there though. I have to give the author good marks for that though.  The things that Hannah had been through came through the story really well.  And the emotions that Luc experienced through the loss of his twin was also well done.  Luc's older brother's attempts at controlling him was enough to make you mad on his behalf.  
Some of the conversations between Luc and Hannah were fun as well.  When they weren't all about sex, which there will be plenty of.  She had reasons to want to live full out, she had missed out on so much of life earlier in her life.   
There will be a unexpected twist towards the end of the book that adds to the drama. 
The story is told mainly from Luc's P.O.V. and I can see why.  It really helps keep the "surprise" just that.  



I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and this is my honest opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment