Monday, December 22, 2014

BOOK REVIEW- Discipleship : Living for Christ in the Daily


     

A serious study; not meant for light reading.  It covers the person's individual life, the church, and the Kingdom of God.  Those are the main catagories with other subjects covered within those groups.

I found this book a bit daunting when it came to reading, maybe because of the seriousness of the material, depth of information, and the layout used.     I did find a few things that got my attention; that I agreed wholeheartedly with.  One example is " From a letter-   Dedicate yourself daily to the person of Jesus.  Then it will be possible to burn for him and give up all self-concern."  He also wrote that his father often said that stupidity is the greatest sin.  He defined that as spiritual dullness; having a dead conscience, not listening in one's heart to God. These are just two gems I found in this book.  You might have to dig a bit but I think you will find more as you study and involve yourself in the process.  I just found it a bit dry.




*I received the book in this post compliments of Plough Publishing via Handlebar Marketing for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment