Saturday, August 16, 2014

Angels: My Personal Hegais

Angels: My Personal Hegais

Mark Virkler's picture Submitted by Mark Virkler on August 16, 2014 - 15:41

Today we're going to have my daughter, Charity Kayembe, share the next segment of her exciting blog series with us.
 
Welcome to part six of Angels: God's Servants, My Friends. If you would like to read about the day Jesus introduced me to my guardian angels, as well as some Scripture verses He highlighted for me about them, please check it out here.
 

The Inside Scoop

So what are some ways my angels assist me? And maybe even in a different, helpful way from the Lord's own personal intervention Himself? I mean, I’m a daughter of God! What do they know that I don’t, and how did they find it out anyway?
Well for one thing, they’ve been around a lot longer! They’ve seen more, they get how life works – the enemy’s tactics for one. And also about heaven, and Jesus. They’ve been watching Father and Jesus and Holy Spirit and how they do things and what's best for them for (almost) forever. I just showed up a few decades ago; my angels have been serving Father for millennia. They know what blesses Him more than I do! They know what Jesus likes better than I do.

In a Multitude of Counselors…

I mean, it’s almost kind of like Esther preparing to spend her night with the King. All the maidens could pick anything they wanted for the evening, but what did Esther do?
She talked to Hegai, the king’s eunuch, who obviously would have known the king way better than Esther did – and she asked him what he recommended. So that’s what she took, and she found favor (Esther 2:15).
So I’m betrothed to Christ, and I want to bless Him and love on Him and serve Him and Father in a way that they appreciate most. What’s best for them? How do they like to be worshiped? What do they enjoy hearing whispered in their ears from the lips of their children? What makes them laugh or brings them the most joy and pleasure?

Loving Love Himself

Well, since my angels have been observing various worship and acts of service and love expressed from millions of children down through the ages, I bet they have more of a clue about all of the above than I do. So angels can kind of be like our Hegais in a way. Great advice givers, who know more about some God stuff than we do, simply because they’ve been around longer, hung out with Him more, and have seen His relationships play out with His family over and over again.
It's almost like when I threw Leo a surprise party shortly after we were married and wanted it to be extra special. So unbeknownst to him, I talked with his fam, who unlike me, had known him all his life. That way I could get everything just perfect and exactly how he'd want it to be.
And so it is with Jesus. I want to love Him in His love language. And, while the irony of trying to "surprise" an omniscient God is not lost on me, I still think He appreciates the gesture. I know that I have captured His heart with a single glance of my eyes (Song of Solomon 4:9). When He feels that much for me, how can I not give Him my best love in return?

For God’s Sake

That’s how it makes it be about HIM. It’s not angels for angels' sakes. They would never stand for that! Theyalways defer to God. Always talk about Jesus. Always and only have His interests and work at heart. The reason that I’m my angels’ whole world is because I’m their assignment. They bless Father by taking care of mebecause that’s what He’s asked of them. So they do it perfectly and faithfully and happily, because they love God too and live to serve and honor Him.
So I guess I just feel like if my angels can help me be a better daughter of God, and a better friend of Holy Spirit, and a better lover of Jesus... what could be better than that?
 

What About You?

Have your guardian angels helped fill you in on anything lately? Have they given you the scoop on any aspects of the kingdom, or serving our King?
We had some great comments back on our last blog! If you haven't seen those awesome angel stories yet, you'll definitely want to check them out at the end of the article.
And please feel free to continue sharing your experiences with us in the comments below! We absolutely love hearing what heaven looks like to you. :)

Image courtesy of Witthaya Phonsawat at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment