Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It sure is nice to know you have personal armor in THIS world, so put it on!

Years ago I heard teaching on  Ephesians 6 the full armor  of God, so having "zero" understanding but desiring to obey the Word, I began putting it on every day. I would like to say that as I continued, understanding & revelation came  right away & "wow". Quite the opposite, after awhile it felt empty, & powerless, like a Routine, like it wasn't doing anything! So obeying my feeling instead of the Word of God, I let it go. Finally I picked back up the armor of God & it was the same until as I continued I began to understand that Revelation would come, if I would just continue obeying His Word. Trying to make it easier to memorize, I thought "wouldn't it be easier to put the armor on starting at the head & going thru each body part of the armor or starting from the bottom working my way up??"  But realizing that things are placed in a certain order in the Bible for a reason, whether or not I understand that reason, I gave that up & went back to the Bible order. So I'm sharing some of the ways I was taught by Holy Spirit to put on the full armor of God & to make it personal. Holy Spirit brought to my attention that there are 6 pieces of armor & if I number them & remember them that way, if I get to the end & there isn't 6 -oops I missed one, that's for the memorizing part. In the very beginning I read it straight out of the Bible.
#1-"I gird up my loins with the belt of truth so that I can walk in The Truth today."
#2-" I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness that Jesus bought & paid for me so that I can walk in His Righteousness today."
#3-  " I put on the shoes of peace so that I can walk in the gospel of peace today."
#4- " I  lift up the shield of faith, which will quench every flaming missile  & fiery dart of the enemy; so that I can walk in faith today."
#5- " I put on the helmet of salvation, which will deliver my soul today. My soul being my mind,my will, my emotions & my intellect."
#6- I pick up the sword of the spirit which is the word of God; its in my hand & its in my mouth, today."
That's the basics- it will grow as you continue. Putting the word "Today" in there is important; it will make you realize-this armor is good for today & each day I need to put on the Full Armor of God.
After all, you get dressed in clothes every day before you leave the house, don't you? Don't go out of the house "naked" spiritually- it's wicked out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment