Thursday, August 17, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- In His Sights by Leah Ashton

 Book Cover    

It started with a marriage proposal - but ended with a bomb.

Tick…

It was just a normal lunchbreak

If Lauren ignored the unworn engagement ring in her handbag. But she’d had to say no to Seth, even though it broke her heart.

Tick…

He was no ordinary sniper

All Seth had needed to say was I love you, Lauren, to salvage his f-ed up proposal - but far too many buried secrets had kept him silent.

Boom…

This couldn’t be the end

Held hostage by a crazed bomber in the centre of Perth, Lauren knows Seth is watching through the scope of his rifle. But is there enough time for Seth and Elite SWAT to save her and the other hostages before another bomb explodes?

 

 

Although it had it's moments, I can't say that it really grabbed me. I was surprised and somewhat disappointed that the story jumped right into a very detailed sexual encounter between Seth and Lauren. Yes, it becomes clear that they have been together for 18 months and this wasn't their first time together. However, that did throw me off balance as I read the story and this isn't the only detailed sexual scene. Well written sure but more than I wanted to read.
The best part for me was the scenes where the team has to go out to fight against the bomber and find Lauren is right in the middle of it all. While on the job Seth and Lauren work together seamlessly. Lauren shows some really unexpected strengths right there. But the problem off the job in his relationship are things that Seth still had to work out.
Of course there is more emotion to the story that gets worked though and there is a H.E.A.

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

-NEWSLETTER-

No comments:

Post a Comment