Sunday, August 14, 2022

**Book Review- Code Name: Pisces by (Zodiac Tactical #4) Janie Crouch

   

My code name is Pisces. The stars say I’m independent, wise, and intuitive.

Still waters run deep.

I’m the leader of Zodiac Tactical’s guardian unit. We’re the bodyguards—the ones who stand toe to toe with danger and refuse to give any ground. We protect people who need it most.

But what if who needs it most is a spoiled diva?

I don’t normally take on movie stars. I don’t have time for the drama nor their self-centered lifestyle. If they don’t take their safety seriously, how can I?

But there’s something different about Alyse Peterson. On the outside
America’s Glamor Princess is everything I want to avoid. But behind her perfect smile and sapphire eyes is a heartbreak she’s hiding from everyone.

She has secrets. And a stalker willing to kill to get to them.

My code name is Pisces. And anybody who wants to get to her, will have to go through me.
4 STARS

Tristan was NOT eager to protect another actress after the last disaster of working with one. However despite his misgivings he reluctantly meets with Alyse and her agent. All Tristan sees when he meets her is exactly what he feared.  He hadn't seen through her professional armor,..yet..to the real Alyse.  And it won't be easy getting there. But he does take on the case out of respect of her deceased father, who had helped him so much before.
 By the way, her agent was really a good one; he was concerned with her safety for real.  And acted on her behalf the best that he could.  I agreed with Alyse, that her agent, Jared deserved a raise!
It's interesting to watch Tristan see what she needs before she actually does.  Just the simple act of eating was something that he picked up on just to name one thing.  As her history starts to come out in the open, it's quite the surprise.
The stalker is one clever, clever villain who I never saw coming.  He always seemed to be one step ahead of the team.  Something that he shouldn't have been able to pull off.   He had the teams scrambling. His exposure was very well done, with all the danger you would expect.
I liked how the romance between Tristan and Alyse was so sweet at times and I enjoyed the ending.


“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”


No comments:

Post a Comment