Tuesday, May 21, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- GHOST- A Linear Tactical Romantic Suspense Standalone #5 by Janie Crouch



Dorian Lindstrom, codename Ghost, knows everyone breaks under torture. 

His five weeks in an enemy prison taught him that with unmerciful precision. He's put his life back together as best he can with the help from his brothers at Linear Tactical.
But he's never gotten over his love for Grace Brandt, her part in his capture, or the fact that she died.
But sometimes the dead don't stay that way.  
Grace knows her past can’t be forgiven. She's stayed hidden as long as she could, but now the secrets slowly suffocating her won’t stay buried any longer. 
And the man she helped break, the man she’s always loved, is the only one who can stop this nightmare.
She'll need a Ghost to fight her demons, and he’s more than willing to prove she's worth the fight. 
The Ghost will rise.   AMAZON 5 STARS

My, my, my..what did I just read???   It was SO intense!  And intensely good!  Edge of my seat reading.  I hardly even know where to start.  So I guess I'll start with the main characters.  Wow, they were 2 severely skilled, severely damaged, complex people.  I liked them and the depth that they both had.  Also it was easy to feel like I was pulled into their drama.  With everything that they both went through and were still going through the love was still there.  But don't get the idea that it was going to make everything easy for them.  
Secondary people in this story pull their weight and add a lot to it.  
When it comes to this series, and this book the author's middle name should be a rather long one.  Like "Surprises Galore, heart-pumping, someone who is writing outside the box."   
P.T.S.D  is also addressed in a deeper way than a lot of other stories.  
As I got quite a bit further in the book my suspicion of a particular person grew.  I was practically shouting, "What about ___?  What about ___?"  Yes, I was right about that but then the author also threw a huge monkey wrench that I didn't see coming!  Man, I love that!

I also enjoyed the author's personal note about what it was like writing this book.  I'm glad that she persevered!  It went far beyond my expectations!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment