Saturday, April 6, 2013

Book Review: JaKobe's Assignment/ eBook

Jakobe's Assignment

One church, many members but with the main focus on the Pastor and his family and the angel, JaKobe who is on assignment to attend to the discouraged pastor. Its a fantasy look into how it could possible look in the supernatural realm from the different angels perspective and includes the struggles of the people they are assigned to protect.
For me it was a bit of a mixed bag.
What did I like ?
I found the characters interesting.
The angel and demon encounters were thought provoking.
I liked the growth you could see in some of the people by the end of the book.
The different types of angels shown.
That the story showed that some angels had followed a family for generations because of one person who grabbed a hold of a promise in the Bible.




What I didn't like:
Most of the people's stories were kind of left hanging at the end of the book; with the exception of a few.
I lost my place a couple of times, with the sheer number of people who were in the story.  At least once or twice I had to go back and re-quaint myself about the character.
For me, there was almost too much description of an area.
I kept thinking that angel intervention would be recognized; it wasn't and in fact it all felt kind of incomplete.






No comments:

Post a Comment