Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: I Still Believe

I Still Believe

An honest story of a life lived so far.  A well known musician shares from his humble roots, what God can do with an obedient person who falls in love with Him, totally.  An honest view of the times he fell down or fell away.  The times that he didn't understand what God was doing and in some ways still does not.  But as the title says he CHOSE to still love Jesus AND Still believe God loved him and wanted the best for him.   There are photos also included that show the different people who were and are important to his walk.

Jeremy Camp.  I never knew anything about him other than he is a Christian singer/musician. Period.  He opens his heart during the writing of this book and shares weakness without sounding like he is or was a victim, just human.  I liked the book.  Without giving away too much of the book (which I hate to do because I don't want to spoil it for others) he shares his grief's as well.  It not a negative book either, there is plenty of joy and appreciation flowing through it.  He also gives the lyrics to the songs that God gave him; so that he could sing out of the broken places that he came through.  Joyous places too; to me its singing and being thankful to God even in the middle of a storm.
There is a C.D. that is coming as part of this book review; but I haven't received it yet.  So why am I reviewing now?  Its out of courtesy to the publisher who asked for the book to be reviewed by the end of this month.   The CD is on its way and when it comes, I will listen to it and give my thoughts on it as well; as requested.

 www.jeremycamp.com/IStillBelieve.

Tyndale House Publishers has provide me with a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment