Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Remember Who You Are...: You are Loved and Carry the Authority of JesusRemember Who You Are...: You are Loved and Carry the Authority of Jesus by Ken Winton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For some, the information in this book will be brand New! For others of us who have been blessed enough to have been taught some of this; its an enlargement on what we've learned. It has a question and answer session at the end of each chapter which would be good for personal growth or in a small study group. A "Where are you at and how did you get there? " check-up.
The areas that I found especially helpful were the fact that we need God's grace to carry out his commands, getting the mind of Jesus about our being the Bride of Christ. The chapter on Spiritual Abuse was very good. Just as a side note: I have also seen the abuse in the reverse where the congregation has spiritually abused their pastors and church leaders too. I know for this book that wasn't a part of it but that's okay because the author was talking about a different area of spiritual abuse.
This was something I also put in my notes as I read (Yes, sometimes I take notes):
"Many Christians assume that the kingdom of God will only flow through religious leaders and those that look real shiny on the outside. But, Jesus described what a kingdom person looks like and what they desire. Jesus said that the kingdom of God and its power would move through people who are broken, mourning, and hungering and thirsting for righteousness."

I received this e-book free from Destiny Image Publishers for an honest review.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment