Friday, September 23, 2011

Goodness (kindness) still exists!

Jesus Loves You (FB)

Paying It 'Backward' 

in a Walmart Checkout Line in White Lake


Updated: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 11:16 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
By ANDREA ISOM
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com
WHITE LAKE, Mich. (WJBK) - Sometimes things happen in life that are worth so much more than money.
"Mom was in the line, and there was this lady that lost her dad," said Karsen McMaster. "She decided to pay for the lady behind her's groceries."
"She looked sad still," said Kary Jarvi, Karsen's mother. "I suppose she's looking for ways to make herself happy again and feel good."
The woman simply said, "My father passed away. He left me some things. I want to pay it forward," Jarvi explained. "It was just so sweet."
"And the lady behind her paid for my mom's groceries," McMaster said.
"Pregnant girl turned to me and she said, 'Well, she did that for me, and that was so nice. I need to pay it forward, so I'm going to cover your things.' And I was like, 'You really don't have to do that.' She was like, 'No, I want to. I want to pay it forward.' She's like, 'What goes around, comes around, and I just want to do it,'" Jarvi told FOX 2's Andrea Isom.
What started out as a single act of kindness grew into something so special and rare.
"My mom paid for the lady behind her's groceries," said McMaster.
"The lady rang my stuff up, and the girl paid for my stuff," Jarvi said. "I turned to the next lady and I said, 'The first lady that started this was so sweet. She just wanted to bring happiness to everybody else, and I would like to pay it forward to you, too.'"
Jarvi only had $50 in her pocket. She didn't know how much it would cost, but she really didn't care.
"It didn't matter how much it cost at that moment. It was just a matter of paying it forward and keeping it going more than anything else. If it would've cost the whole $50, then it cost the whole $50. Oh well, it was just a good thing," she said.
"Made me feel good to know people are going to share like that," McMaster remarked.
"The cashier said to me while she was ringing up the other lady's stuff, she said, 'This is unbelievable. I never saw this, and now I just watched it three times in a row.' She was about in tears herself," said Jarvi. "The woman who started this, I'm really sorry for your loss, but thank you so much for showing me that there are people in the world that do care still."

No comments:

Post a Comment