Note from the Author
Clean and wholesome romance, no real references to the occult in this "fake fortune teller" story.
I had one dream: get on TV.
Preferably as a serious news anchor.
But I would have settled for weather or traffic.
Even standing beside a prize pumpkin with a microphone.
Instead, my agent got me a gig as Madame Miss Fortune at a traveling fair.
What can I say. I had to pay the rent.
So I made up funny fortunes, hid behind a black wig and veil, and tried not to think about how far this was from my big break.
Then the fair came to my hometown.
And Reed walked into my booth.
My ex. The man who broke my heart. The man I never quite got over.
One viral video later, my fake act became a real TV opportunity.
But the more my dream came true, the more my lies tangled around Reed.
Now my future depends on telling the truth, before Miss Fortune costs me everything.
But I would have settled for weather or traffic.
Even standing beside a prize pumpkin with a microphone.
Instead, my agent got me a gig as Madame Miss Fortune at a traveling fair.
What can I say. I had to pay the rent.
So I made up funny fortunes, hid behind a black wig and veil, and tried not to think about how far this was from my big break.
Then the fair came to my hometown.
And Reed walked into my booth.
My ex. The man who broke my heart. The man I never quite got over.
One viral video later, my fake act became a real TV opportunity.
But the more my dream came true, the more my lies tangled around Reed.
Now my future depends on telling the truth, before Miss Fortune costs me everything.
General
386 pages
English
Contemporary Romance
Rom-Com
Small Town Romance
rom-com
small town romance
clean and wholesome romance
sweet romance
closed-door romance
second chance romance
secret identity
Hosted by
Katy Lee Hart Romance
Note from the Author
Clean and wholesome romance, no real references to the occult in this "fake fortune teller" story.
Must review on:
Amazon
File(s) available:
EPUB (Send via email & download)
My 5 STAR Review: TITLED: Unusual & Special !
I fell in loved with this quirky, emotional story ! Lucy was a hoot ! And the story started 5 years earlier with Lucy and Reed being in love. But he was charming and he got careless with Lucy and her love ! She got tired of the excuses and they had a huge fight ! He retaliated by saying he never knew what Lucy he was talking too. His pride kept her from calling her back until the next afternoon. And just like that they were over !
Fast forward now to current times ; which where the story stays.
The job that Lucy took to pay her rent was hilarious! And she was good at it. Dottie and Earl who hired her fell in love with how good she was at it ! They also cared about her.
The dialogue between Lucy and Reed was off the charts great' Humorous much of the time but also painful when the truth begins to come out. I kept wondering throughout her Carney Act ..just when was it all going to blow up? And of course it does, in the most painful, dramatic way. After all, why not Lucy has always been accused of being dramatic !
I loved how the story came to an emotional end. I also thought the eBook cover was an excellent choice that fit nicely with the story !
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment