Saturday, August 22, 2026

Aug20,2026Bksprout/ The Don's Brother's Bride Book 255 by Ivy Lenox

   

amazon is this the right link? says Claire Kirby 

Three men have died before they could marry me. After my third fiancé was shot at our altar, I married his brother to stop a mafia war. Falling for him was never part of the deal.

Lorenzo D’Amato is ruthless, controlling, and the last man I should trust. But marrying him puts me under his roof and close enough to uncover the truth about my fiancé’s death.

His final words were a command: finish it. So I start digging.

Lorenzo takes a bullet meant for me. He trusts my strategy over his capos. When grief breaks me, he’s the one who holds me together.

Then he kisses me like our marriage is real.

Somewhere between secrets, bloodshed, and nights spent too close, the husband I never meant to want becomes the one man I can’t lose.

Then I discover Lorenzo has hidden the truth about my life for years.

The man I finally trust to protect me may have been part of the lie all along.

Explicit
263 pages
English
Crime Fiction Contemporary Romance Dark Romance Dark Mafia Romance Forced Proximity Marriage of Convenience Touch Her and Die possessive protective hero Dead Fiance's brohter strong intelligent heroine murder mystery romance Forbidden romance
Review on at least 1:
Amazon
Goodreads
Bookbub 
 
My 4 Star Review TITLED;  Deep Secrets, Humor & Spousal Hotness
 
The plot idea is what drew me to this story; it was unusual !  However, I gave it a slightly lower rating because I kind of got confused with some of the deep mysteries and accountings ! It was intense though. However, I kept reading because I loved the main characters.  Some of their interactions were really funny and Valeria was one clever, tough woman and is going to get down to the nitty gritty.  It was observed that she was the most dangerous, woman in the room and people has been underestimating her for years. Her father is one of those people too. He does offer her an escape when it comes to marrying Lorenzo. He said he will take the fallout. She refuses because she knows what the cost will be. Many deaths that equals war ! She also wants to know what happened to her third husband, Giulio.  And that opening scene at the altar with him was out of this world wild. I ended up loving Lorenzo and his patient ways with Valeria.  He could be charming and he could laugh. Not bad for a tough Don !
19 year old Tazio becomes her guard and the terms that  Lorenzo lets her about that is something else. She sure knows how to be a tough negotiator.  I loved how the two of them haggled!  Tazio was a sweet young man and added a lot to the story as did several others.
When Lorenzo and Valeria rescue a wet feral kitten and name it Soldo adds unexpected charm.  
It ended up being a story worth reading. 
 I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment