Now I'm trapped inside Aleksei Sokolov's mansion with the most feared man in New York.
He's
ruthless. Possessive. The kind of man who could snap a neck without
blinking... then pin me against a wall just to remind me I'm his to
protect.
Every day I tell myself I'll escape.
Then
he stitches me back together with those same dangerous hands. Watches
every man in the room like he's already planning the funeral. Makes it
impossible to remember I'm supposed to be planning my escape.
Somewhere between midnight confessions, bruising kisses, and realizing the safest place in the world is in my enemy's arms...
I fall for the man who stole my freedom.
Now a rival Bratva wants me dead.
A traitor is hiding inside his empire.
And the only man dangerous enough to burn the world to keep me alive...
May be the same man I have to betray to save us both.
Explicit
235 pages
English
Contemporary Romance
Dark Romance
mafia romance
Enemies to Lovers Romance
Forced Proximity
Opposites Attract
Protector Romance
Touch her and die romance
Possessive alpha hero romance
Captive romance
Forced marriage romance
Russian mafia romance
My 5 Star Review Title: Layers of danger & Mysteries
30 year old Natasha Miller is a Forensic Accountant who is smart as a whip and she reports to a man in the FBI named Dean Wilson; he is her contact. And the man above him is also mentioned. I wasn't sure that I totally trusted with one of them. The FBI and IRS want to nail the Sokolov Bratva. Natasha was orphaned young and the only other relative that she has is her sister Anna. She will do what she has to so that she can protect not only herself but also her sister !
Aleksei has a whole lot of people to keep a handle on. His inner group is Nikolai, Ivan (the dangerous man with a quick wit and grin) and Vlad. His sister, Irina also shows up in the story. I really liked this group a lot and Aleksei grew on me quickly because although dangerous; he was a man of his word. His older brother Grigori through tradition should have been the Pakhan but his late father decided differently ! I didn't like or trust him from the get go !! But then again I thought that maybe this was just a false rabbit trail !
Aleksei's council and his brother are pushing for him to eliminate Natasha but that only made me think that someone close to him is really afraid that Natasha is getting to close and they REALLY want her gone !
The puzzle is deep and at times I did get lost in some of the details of the trails but it is intense and made me really want to know who that close traitor is. And I really wanted to see Natalia and Aleksei not only catch the thieves/traitors and to also make it out alive to live and prosper together !
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment