
hello@brennafiction.com
Apparently, my life choices now include a fake marriage, billionaire roommate, and falling for the man my father wants destroyed.
My father gave me two choices — lose my nonprofit or marry Boston’s coldest billionaire CEO.
I picked the one that ruined my life in the best possible way.
Jonathan Atwell is arrogant, controlling, and so gorgeous it should be illegal in a boardroom.
One signature, one cohabitation clause, and suddenly I’m living with a man who makes my pulse do things I did not authorize.
Then he kisses me like the paperwork never existed.
I start wanting the version of him who only softens for me.
Somewhere between our fake vows and his bed, I stop pretending my heart isn't involved.
I fall for my husband. Hard. Inconveniently. Completely.
Then I find the paper trail proving my own father is the one trying to destroy him.
If I can’t stop this, I won’t just lose the only man I’ve ever trusted.
I’ll become the reason his entire world unravels.
My 5 Star Review TITLED: The Battles hit fast and hard
Jessica Shaw goes to galas, she hates going to them but when her controlling father Gerald practically demands she go, she does. After all he has some serious strings over her non-profit. I hated him on sight! He had that false charm of warmth but always with a greedy motive underneath. Gerald is the one who introduces Jessica to Jonathan. I loved how when they first saw each other before that, they both were stunned, unable to move at first. Gerald watched it all with hidden glee. He knows a lot of things that he shouldn't be able to access. I really liked hardworking Jessica Shaw. Her passion for her work and her integrity. She's been lied to by men in her life before. Given all and found herself them being coldly shut out at the end. She's no pushover. We find out that Jonathan has had a similar experience, so he is wary also. But they can't stop thinking of each other. So when the clause comes up about marriage that his grandfather Henry set up years ago to protect him comes up? The trustees give him a list of candidates to consider to marry. Woah and behold, her name is on it. She's a tough negotiator and along with her lawyer's help drafts her conditions. Jonathan feels it's all fair and they sign and marry.
I really liked Jonathan Atwell, his love for the work he is doing with his company that no one except his grandfather wanted him to start. He had a tough woman Elizabeth who rarely smiled but was passionate about the job as well. No romantic interest in Jonathan but knows that he wants her to take over the business when he steps down. His grandfather Henry is a doll who loves Jonathan fiercely. Jonathan's father does show up towards the end of the story and he's no bundle of joy either ! Another controlling man with no frill at all. Direct and demanding with no charm over all of it.
Then the PRESSURES on this newlywed couple start almost immediately. they had just started into a comfortable living together rhythm along with some "just spicy times" . That's when the dangerous hits start coming. It just wasn't fair !!!
I loved the intensity but also the sweet moments in the story and also the over throwing of all the nasty plans. So worth the read. And the Epilogue that follows? The best.
I really liked the eBook cover and it really fit the story so well. I like when that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment