Part of: Empire of Savages (4 books)
I spent three years undercover inside his empire. Then he blew my cover and made me his wife.
I poured years of my life into one cover identity, one empire, one target.
Damiano Vescari was supposed to stay a name in a case file.
Untouchable. Off-limits.
Until he crossed a room full of Chicago's most dangerous men and laid every one of my secrets bare.
Then he found out who I really am. Instead of handing me over to his men, he put a ring on my finger.
A fake marriage. Four walls I can't escape and a man who fills every inch of his suit pants like a felony I can't afford.
One moment he's Chicago's most feared Don. The next he's wiping his son's tears and looking at me like I'm the missing piece.
Somewhere between the lies I told and the truth he showed me, I fall. Hard.
One night the walls I built come down and I give him every part of me.
Now there's a baby growing inside me that he doesn't know about.
Then the truth surfaces. My father wasn't killed by the mob. He was killed by my own bureau. And now they're coming for me.
If they get to me before Damiano does, it won't just be my secret they bury... but our child too.
Please read, enjoy, and review Savage Don's Undercover Wife. And don't forget to leave your review on launch day Saturday, September 5th. Thank you! :)
My 5 star review TITLED: He surprised me !
The opener was a great shock and a wonderful start to the story ! Orina Sinclair is the undercover FBI agent that has been the accountant embedded in Damiano Vescari's financial department. And she's good at what she does. She's sharp, beautiful and thinks that she's been unnoticed. Nope. Other than Damiano's man, Corrado who is built suspicious. She knows he's been watching her every move. Orina's last name is really, Belucci and her dead father, Daniel worked as an FBI agent before he was murdered. Her FBI handler is, Cruz and he is a good man. I never dou
bted it for a minute ! He's just doing his job not knowing the full picture..yet !Damiano is more hip to what is going on with her than she ever had imagined. He could have killed her for what he knows. But he doesn't. Surprise for me #1. He has a changing 7 year old son, Elio. She tries so hard to not be captivated by him but she softens a bit when she sees his innocent, welcoming face in dinosaur pajamas. Damiano notices. He notices a lot but gives her space which was another surprise for me. He knows things about her father and will know even more as time goes on. He truly can be that Savage Don when people he cares about are targeted. And people do get hurt. There isn't any grotesque violence, which I liked. Orina begins to see how tender Damiano is with people especially his son.
There is a quiet intensity about this story, along with some heated moments between the MC's. But it's time to catch the true culprits behind her father's murder and other "hidden" felonies on the part of the FBI. It's going to be a long battle with everyone caught. But there is one string out there that will probably need another book. But I don't consider it a cliffhanger because the parts I cared about come to a great end with a wonderful Epilogue.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment