Tuesday, September 22, 2026

9-22-26BKSPROUT/ Giving Up a Fortune for Love by Katy Lee Hart

  Bksprout 

 

A secret baby. Inheriting a fortune. Two bombshells that shattered everything.

For five years, I believed the woman I loved had chosen to leave me.

Then I discovered she’d hidden something far more devastating.

A son.

Bobby has my eyes, my name in the middle of his, and four years of memories I can never get back.

One woman stands in my way—Grace Carter, Bobby’s legal guardian.

She sees my wealth and the Bancroft name as threats.

We clash over everything.

Until anger becomes understanding. Understanding becomes trust. And somehow, the woman determined to keep me at a distance becomes the woman I can’t imagine losing.

But my family has other plans. Protect the Bancroft name. Turn my back on scandal.

If I choose the life they expect, I inherit a fortune.

But I may lose the woman I’ve come to love—and the family I never knew I needed.

Tame
360 pages
English
Contemporary Romance Billionaire Enemies to Lovers Secret Baby Forced Proximity
Note from the Author

A story with a happy ending and no bad language.

Review on at least 1:
Amazon 
My 5 Star Review TITLED: Emotional from the start ! 
Michael has the cruelest mother and father ever. They are all about image, and their family Bancroft name ! He finds out years too  late that they drove his first love, Olivia away. They paid her to disappear and abort his baby ! If she didn't they would take the baby! They had power and lots of money. He is LIVID when he finally finds out. They stole years from him and Bobby but also now Olivia is dead;  but now he has to tread carefully.   
Grace and the grandmother don't trust him an inch. But the grandmother who Bobby calls Nana is a wise, praying woman.  It really is slow progress for Michael Bancroft but he doesn't want to scare them off with Bobby. Any threat could make them run. He was done letting his parents run things. Running over him as an older adult. He's not some innocent, blind 19 year old anymore. But he knows that they aren't about to make it easy for him or his new family. His parents don't just let things go. They had his life all planned after all. 
Bobby was such an awesome kid, with people a smart, kind kid. His love for space caused him to be a 4 1/2 year old genius who keeps learning, teaching others and even correcting Michael when it came to the wrong form of explanations. It was hilarious and sweet at the same time. I adored their developing relationship; along with the friendship that finally starts forming between Grace and Michael ! 
This has to be one of the sweetest stories that I've read in a long time. Loved the Epilogue and the author note at the end. It explains that this story is based on a real-life boy who lives in Alabama. That made it even more special for me.
 I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment