My chief of staff hired me a bodyguard. Now she’s in my penthouse, in my bed, and under my skin.
Sloane Bishop is ex-military, impossible to impress, and the only woman in Manhattan paid to order me around.
When someone from my rockstar past starts hunting me, Sloane moves into my penthouse. She checks every exit, sleeps with one eye open, and looks criminally good in a fitted black suit.
She makes me laugh over cold takeout. Sees the man beneath the mogul.
Then a hotel mix-up leaves us with one bed. I pin her beneath me, feel her nails rake down my back, and forget I’m supposed to be the man in control.
She stands between me and danger like losing me would break her. That’s when I realize I’ve fallen for her.
But what we’ve done could cost her career, and my past is closing in fast. The more I love her, the more leverage I hand my enemy.
Because now he’s found the one thing I can’t afford to lose. Her.
Explicit
345 pages
English
Contemporary Romance
Romantic Suspense
Female bodyguard
Billionaire romance
Forced proximity
Only one bed
Reverse grumpy sunshine
He falls first
Workplace romance
Curvy heroine
Romantic suspense
Protective alpha hero
Thank you for joining my ARC team! I hope you enjoy Knox and
Sloane’s story. When you’ve finished reading, I’d greatly appreciate an
honest review on Amazon during release week. Your support means more
than you know. ❤️
Release Day: July 23, 2026
Must review on:
Amazon
File(s) available:
EPUB (Send via email & download)
My 4 Star Reviewed TITLED: Lovely in its own way
I really liked that the bodyguard was a woman and a red headed one at that ! She's tough, thorough and excellent at her job. She knows what shes doing. Knox doesn't like that he has a bodyguard but when she moves him where he needs to go? He resists but he goes..finally. He's upset with Marlowe for going behind his back but soon sees Sloane's worth. Toby is another great asset for the Knox team. I liked both Marlowe and Toby !
A man named Cole takes awhile but shows up as a definite problem that won't be easily solved. He's steps ahead of Knox and has been lining up his position for months !
I liked both Sloane and Knox; also known as Elias before his fame. They are such an interesting combination ! There's a tenseness to the story because I never knew what was going to happen next. It kept me rooting for Sloane and Knox until the very end.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment