I witnessed a murder. Now I'm under the protection of the only man I should fear.
Ava
One
late-night shift at my neighborhood coffee shop changes everything. One
terrified glance through the window leaves me face-to-face with Gianni
Moretti.
The Family's consigliere.
I should hate him for destroying my life.
Instead, he slowly puts it back together.
Every
stolen glance across the coffee shop. Every lingering touch that steals
my breath. Every quiet moment when he lets me see the man beneath the
consigliere everyone fears...
...makes it impossible to remember why I was ever afraid of him.
He stops being the man I should fear.
He becomes the only place I've ever felt safe.
Gianni
She was supposed to be a witness.
I've spent my life planning for every outcome.
I never planned for her.
Ava
Now the greatest threat isn't outside the Family.
It's already inside.
If Gianni chooses his oath to the Family over me...
The next murder I witness could be my own.
Explicit
289 pages
English
Contemporary Romance
Romantic Suspense
Dark Romance
mafia romance
forced proximity
alpha romance books
betrayal romance
possessive alpha male romance
touch her and die romance
protector romance
mafia romance book spicy
mafia obsession
mafia protector romance
My 4 Star Review TITLED: The pursuit is slow but dangerous
Ava has worked as a barista for Marco Vitelli for about 4 years. He became really ill and she has been the managing person for several years now. She's holding it all together beautifully. She definitely doesn't expect the turn of events that happen. It's pretty interesting how Ava and Gianni meet and interact. Turns out that they both have something in common. They observe carefully and take mental notes of things early that others often miss. Ava learned it through years of not belonging anywhere for long and Gianni learned it at 24 years old when he was captured and tortured. They both just want to be wanted for themselves. A permanent place.
Gianni is a quiet, careful man who works for Don Enzo DeLuca. The Don's oldest son Benedetto is the heir but I could see early that he was going to be a BIG problem ! I loved that Gianni is a man who wears glasses and it isn't something you always see in these kind of stories.
Dante is the man that Gianni assigns to safeguard Ava and he's a man of few words but interesting all the same. Sal is another man that adds to the story who benefits Gianni a lot. Things move slowly, with plenty of emotions and purpose.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
___not included in review was the fact that Gianni lost two fingers during his capture and now has 2 ceramic fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment