Thursday, July 30, 2026

aug 1, 2026 Bksprt/ The Bride The Don Chose The Bride The Don Chose by Sloane Blackwell

  Booksprout

 

I was never meant to be the bride.

I was only supposed to stand beside her.

Until Chicago's most feared Don looked past my cousin at the altar—and chose me instead.

"Her."

One word.

Everything changed.

Damiano Vitale doesn't negotiate. He commands.

Cold. Ruthless. Dangerously patient.

He ends wars with a single order and always gets what he wants.

Now he wants me.

I've spent my whole life proving every man who underestimated me wrong.

I never imagined the only one who would truly see me would be the man I was taught to fear.

But behind Damiano's ruthless reputation is a code—and once he decides I'm his, nothing will make him let me go.

When his enemies come for me, they discover exactly why Chicago fears the Don who chose me.

The Bride the Don Chose is an enemies-to-lovers arranged marriage mafia romance featuring a fiercely intelligent heroine, an obsessive Don who falls first, explosive chemistry, and a guaranteed HEA.

Explicit
2000 pages
English
Crime Fiction Contemporary Romance Dark Romance Morally Gray Hero Obsessive Hero Arranged Marriage Forced Proximity Enemies to Lovers Touch Her and Die Rival Families Dark Mafia Virgin Herione Strong Herione
Review on at least 1:
Amazon
File(s) available:
EPUB (Send via email & download) 
My 5 Star review review TITLED:  It kept me hooked all the way through 
 
What a great opening scene !! And the surprise on Lottie's face is priceless! She may be quieter, but she's a watcher and she's no pushover ! And she knows how to survive in a Mafia household, having grown up in a ruthless one !  Just one more time of others not asking her what she wanted and treating her like furniture ! The emotions in this book were off the chart and I loved it.   I already want to read it again.  
 Damiano had seen a grainy picture of her before the first altar and had been intrigued with her fierceness captured in that picture.  She was beautiful yes, but there was fire there and when he had her investigated? She came up clean. She was different from the rest of the family.  And he knew she wasn't going to like what was coming! Bingo! He was right on the money on that !
Damiano had 4 different faces as Lottie will say later in the story. And she was right. He was so much more and better than she had been told. Oh yes, there was violence in him when needed but he never used it on her.  She wasn't afraid of him, didn't trust him and didn't budge an inch.  He let her get away with a lot and Lottie was continually surprised by him.  The first big surprise after the wedding was when she said they wouldn't be sleeping together that night?  She got the bed and he slept in the room on the chaise.  For many nights.  His only demand was that she always be honest with him. And he would do the same.  He actually was also courting her if you look at it from a different angle. I loved how the two of them were together and the way they talked to each other.  The different, getting to know you  kind of seduction  finally works. When they do get together it is of course, hot !
Lottie's cousin Bianca was a different kettle of fish. Beautiful, clever and not to be trusted and Damiano doesn't and keeps digging into to her and Lottie's uncle Enzo.  Lottie does kind of trust Bianca for a while but also suspects that there is something cold shifting under all that sophistication.  Good call because Bianca and Enzo have some deep plans that aren't good for their family, Damiano's family and the Caruso family!  
The evil goes even deeper than I suspected and I loved how the truth gets unraveled.  It was also great to see the people who weren't on Bianca and Enzo's side. Lottie and Damiano have plans too and it's for the good of all the families and I loved how they start building a New Family. A New Empire. Great ending and great Epilogue ! Great eBook cover by the way. 
 I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment