Tuesday, September 15, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- A Pregnancy and a Proposal (A True Love Classic: Brides & Babies) Mindy Neff *

 

Book Details

A not so secret baby?
Since their impulsive night of passion, widower Flynn O’Grady has visualized countless scenarios of seeing Darcie Moretti again. Never in his wildest dreams did the single dad imagine he would look up during a Daddy Club meeting to see her waddling—er, walking back into his life, pregnant with his child.

Darcie knows family is priority number one for Flynn. He’s an honorable man who will insist on marriage.

But Darcie wants more than just a “pregnancy proposal.” And she’ll give Flynn four short months to figure out the three little words he need to say.  AMAZON LINK
   3 STARS

This book started out good with good main and supporting characters.  There is plenty of emotions, tenderness and challenges that were pretty realistic.  However for me, it started to fall apart because of it feeling like it got bogged down.  It was because several of their "issues" that kept being re-played over and over.  It slowed the story down so much that I almost groaned.
One thing that I really enjoyed though was how the freckles that Darcie had were celebrated.  I haven't seen that very often in a story.  More often it's shown a distaste for freckles. Just to be clear I don't have freckles but I liked this approach of making her freckles something special. 
There is humor in the story which I did enjoy and Darcie had one unique family group too.   They did add to the story and I was pleased that there is a well fought for H.E.A. 


 "I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment